Instant, 24/7 access to this course for 2 years. Use your computer, telephone or mobile device.
The entire course in PDF format.
Course Completion Certificate
A course completion certificate attesting the number of professional development hours (PDH) mentioned in the title of this course.
Thomas A. Edison, (1847-1931)
Inventor of the phonograph, the incandescent light bulb and one of the earliest motion picture cameras, Thomas Edison is described as America's most celebrated inventor with 1093 patents registered in his name.
- Video: Solar Energy Online Course Welcome! FREE PREVIEW
- Course Content FREE PREVIEW
- How to take this course FREE PREVIEW
- Helpful Hint FREE PREVIEW
- Download the Complete Course Notes FREE PREVIEW
- Download the Quiz (25 multiple choice questions)
- Outline FREE PREVIEW
- Video: Solar Energy and the Global Electricity Supply (4 min 07 sec) FREE PREVIEW
- Video: Could the world run on solar power? (3 min 17 sec) FREE PREVIEW
- Video: How much land is needed to run the world on solar power? (7 min 56 sec) FREE PREVIEW
- Video: What Would It Take To Power The United States With Solar Energy? (1 min 04 sec) FREE PREVIEW
- Practise Quiz (10 multiple choice questions) FREE PREVIEW
- Video: How does a solar cell produce electricity? (4 min 16 sec)
- Video: What is the photovoltaic effect? (5 min 04 sec)
- Video: How do solar panels work? (4 min 58 sec)
- Video: How is the efficiency of a solar cell measured? (4 min 09 sec)
- Video: How to calculate how many solar modules you need (9 min 00 sec)
- Video: How efficient are solar cells today? (7 min 27 sec)
- Video: What is the maximum possible efficiency of a solar cell? (5 min 27 sec)
- Video: Take a 360 degree tour of MBR Solar Park in Dubai (2 min 36 sec)
- Video: Solar power: the next generation (4 min 00 sec)
- Practise Quiz (12 multiple choice questions)
- Video: How much does a solar power plant cost? (10 min 08 sec)
- Video: Here's Why Solar Energy May Beat Out Coal in a Decade (3 min 38 sec)
- Video: The Cost Decline of Solar Power (5 min 49 sec)
- Practise Quiz (3 multiple choice questions)
- Video: Solar Energy in a Nutshell (9 min 16 sec)
- PV Solar Power Cheat Sheet
- Video: Largest solar power plant in the world, 2017 (1 min 08 sec)
- Video: Solar and wind cheaper than fossil fuels (1 min 27 sec)
- Video: What is the Duck Curve? (2 min 43 sec)
- Video: Tesla reveals the future of the power grid (9 min 53 sec)
- Video: 60% of our energy will come from renewable zero emission sources by 2040 (1 min 15 sec)
- Get Your Course Completion Certificate
- Graded Quiz (25 multiple choice questions)
- Survey (3 questions)
Excellent! Very instructive. Well made. Bravo!
- GR from Quebec
- JM from Quebec
This course has been written to meet the professional development requirements defined by the orders of engineers of the following Canadian provinces and territories and the engineering boards of the following US states. These governing bodies do not require pre-approval of courses or course providers. For more information on the continuing education requirements set forth by your order or board, please click on your province or state below.
* These states do not have a professional development policy at this time.
It remains the engineer’s responsibility to determine whether an activity meets the guidelines set by their licensing body. It is also the engineer's responsibility to maintain and submit records of professional development activities to their engineering board.