Instant, 24/7 access to this course for 2 years. Use your computer, telephone or mobile device.
The entire course in PDF format.
Course completion certificate
A course completion certificate attesting the number of professional development hours (PDH) mentioned in the title of this course.
Founder, chairman and co-pilot of Solar Impulse
Solar Impulse is the first solar-powered aircraft to complete a round-the-world trip powered only by the sun, using no fuel, causing no polluting emissions and even flying at night. On July 3rd, 2015, Solar Impulse concluded a record-breaking solo flight of 5 days and 5 nights without fuel from Nagoya, Japan to Hawaii, USA. The goal of this ongoing project is to promote energy efficiency and the use of renewable energies to protect our quality of life.
- The Solar Panel Manufacturing Process (8 pages)
- Video: How mono-crystalline silicon panels are made (3 min 26 sec)
- Solar Power Energy Payback Time (5 pages)
- Video: Breakeven Breakthrough For Solar Power (2 min 28 sec)
- Solar PV Emissions, Water Usage and Land Usage (12 pages)
- Video: Invisible Solar Cells That Could Power Skyscrapers
- Practise Quiz (16 multiple choice questions)
- PV Solar Panel Recycling (4 pages)
- Video: PV CYCLE - Recycling of silicon based PV modules (2 min 26 sec)
- Practise Quiz (3 multiple choice questions)
- PV Solar Power Sustainability in a Nutshell (5 pages)
- Cheat Sheet: PV Solar Power Sustainability
- Video: Tesla's Solar Roof Is Cheaper Than Expected (2 min 55 sec)
- Video: Here's Why Tesla Is Building Batteries for Your Home (1 min 54 sec)
- Get Your Course Completion Certificate
- Graded Quiz (27 multiple choice questions)
- Survey (3 questions)
Regular price $CAD (Attention Canadians: WE PAY THE TAXES!)
This course has been written to meet the professional development requirements defined by the orders of engineers of the following Canadian provinces and territories and the engineering boards of the following US states. These governing bodies do not require pre-approval of courses or course providers. For more information on the continuing education requirements set forth by your order or board, please click on your province or state below.
* These states do not have a professional development policy at this time.
It remains the engineer’s responsibility to determine whether an activity meets the guidelines set by their licensing body. It is also the engineer's responsibility to maintain and submit records of professional development activities to their engineering board.
Marianne is the president and founder of iPolytek, a company whose mission is to provide training on the latest developments in engineering and relate these innovations to the most pressing issues of our time: climate change, water quality, air quality, and sustainability. Marianne is a chemical engineer with over 18 years of experience in the field of air and water treatment using ozone. She has worked for high-tech companies on the leading edge of their fields, namely, Ozomax, CAE and IBM. She is a graduate of McGill University (B.Eng.) and holds a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from the John Molson School of Business. A member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ), Marianne writes about a variety of subjects, including environmental technologies, renewable resources, and the energy transition. " For me, engineering is about making the world a better place: one idea, one design, one project at a time. "